The Way of Understanding
The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead. (Proverbs 21:16 KJV)
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth IS born of God, and knoweth God.
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 1 John 4:7, 8
The Way of Love is the Way of Understanding:
(1) If I could speak the languages of men, of angels too, and have no love, I am only a rattling pan or a clashing cymbal.
(2) If I should have the gift of prophecy, And know all secret truths, and knowledge in its every form, and have such perfect faith that I could move mountains, but have no love, I am nothing.
(3) If I should dole out everything I have for charity, and give my body up to torture in mere boasting pride, but have no love, I get from it no good at all.
(4) Love is so patient and so kind; love never boils with jealousy; it never boasts, is never puffed with pride;
(5) It does not act with rudeness, or insist upon its rights; it never gets provoked, it never harbors evil thoughts;
(6) Is never glad when wrong is done, but always glad when truth prevails;
(7) It bears up under anything; it exercises faith in everything; it keeps up hope in everything; it gives us power to endure in anything.
(8) Love never fails; if there are prophecies, they will be set aside; if now exist ecstatic speakings, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will soon be set aside;
(9) For what we know is incomplete and what we prophesy is incomplete.
(10) But when perfection comes, what is imperfect will be set aside.
(11) When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I laid aside my childish ways.
(12) For now we see a dim reflection in a looking-glass. But then we shall see face to face; Now what I know is imperfect, but then I shall know perfectly, as God knows me.
(13) And so these three, faith, hope, and love endure, but the greatest of them is love. 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 Charles B. Williams Translation
The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a vanity tossed to and fro of them that seek death. Proverbs 21:6 KJV